We are working hard on our end-of-the-year release, but we want to give you an update on what happened during November.
Quality Standard Preferences
Under Standards in Company settings, you can now select you company’s preference for inspection standards. This includes levels that affect sample size and allowed number of defects, etc.
You are also able to upload and share your company’s internal standards and guidelines so that everyone can always make sure what the latest instructions are.
In addition, you can assign a person to be responsible for these standards in your company. We will then send regular reminders to said person, to make sure it is always up-to-date.
We are now in the last quarter of 2020 which means the end of the year is near. Last month we wrote about our new "End of Project" report format and have since received a lot of good feedback. One of the more common requests was the ability to have this data available continuously throughout the quality process, which we totally understand.
I can now inform you that we have taken action on this and integrated several of those report KPIs into a new, more accessible dashboard layout.
Fresh Dashboard Design
If you visited our Portal recently, you might already have seen the fresh dashboard, available on the landing page. It is designed to give you a quick glance of the latest numbers available to you.
- Responsive layout. Designed to be viewed from both mobile and larger screen views.
- Scopeable. Changable scopes to quickly review the data based on different time frames.
- Interactive. Graphs that responds to touch and click for better user experience
The summer is coming to its end and with it, the majority of the fall/winter collections have been shipped. Attention is now being shifted to Sales and Retail to deliver during the tough times that is this year. As is evident across the entire industry, cost cutting is a big focus for many companies and when staff is being cut, it is inevitable that strategic work will take the back seat compared to all the fire fighting that goes on.
With that in mind, we have prepared a new and improved "End of Project" report to aid you in your Quality Assurance work.
End of Project Report
The new report is distributed as a PDF file but can also be browsed on our web portal based on personal preference. The content of the report includes:
- Overall project summaries. Details the number of orders, inspections, etc. and total results in terms of pass rate and no. of defects.
- Cost of Quality. A new QA concept that we are pioneering in an effort to bring attention to not only the visible costs of having good quality, but also the less tangible costs of having bad quality (loss or sales, customer returns, etc.).
- Defect tracing. Monitor and follow up on defects found during different stages of production to show ability to action on instructions and prevent re-occurring problems.
- Vendor breakdown. All KPIs presented available by vendor as well, creating comparisons both between vendors as well as project average.
- Account Manager analyses. For customers on a payment plan, the report also includes a review of key performances during the project, with recommendations of follow-up actions where necessary.
If you are one of the recipients of this report, please let us know what you think!